Police officers inspect the site of a bomb attack in front of the damaged Cairo Security Directorate building, which includes police and state security, in downtown Cairo January 24, 2014.  Read more:
Police officers inspect the site of a bomb attack in front of the damaged Cairo Security Directorate building, which includes police and state security, in downtown Cairo January 24, 2014. Read more:

An al-Qaeda inspired group in Egypt claimed responsibility  today for four bombings targeting police in Cairo that killed six people the day before.

Ansar Beit al-Maqdis, or Partisans of Jerusalem, also called in its statement for Muslims to stay away from police buildings.

The group had previously taken responsibility for some of the deadliest bombings across the country following the military's overthrow of Islamist president Mohamed Morsi in July.

The group, in a statement posted on a website used by Islamist militants, said it remotely detonated a car bomb outside Cairo police headquarters on Friday morning that killed four people, and followed up the attack with three other bombings across the capital.

The statement said "in this context, we repeat our call to our people in Egypt to avoid security and police installations, because we are trying very hard to avoid harming Muslims".

Leave a comment: Comments represent their owners and does not represent `Syia is Here` necessarily.